Your ProECU programming package contains a number of components. Before beginning to install or use the system, please check that you have everything required, namely:
- Hardware licence key (USB dongle)
- Programming interface
The licence key holds your licence and your software configuration; the interface comprises a black USB cable and a green OBD-II connector, as shown here.
The programming interface plugs into the diagnostic port of the car to allow communication with the ECU.
All user manuals are available under the Help menu of ProECU. They are a valuable reference when using the ProECU software or programming ROM files.
All software and drivers can be downloaded with the use of the EcuTek App Downloader, which can be downloaded from our website at www.ecutek.com/downloads.
Before you begin installing ProECU you should ensure that the following criteria are met by the PC you intend to use:
- Operating system – Windows 10 is recommended. Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 are supported, but some features may not be available. Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions are supported. Windows 8.1/10 RT is not supported. Running the software inside a virtual machine such as VMWare, VirtualBox or Parellels is not supported.
- Processor — 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit or 64-bit
- Memory — 1 gigabyte (GB) or greater
- Hard drive space — 250 MB on C: drive for ProECU programming kit. 2,000 MB on C: drive for ProECU tuning suites.
- Display — 1024x768 minimum screen resolution.
- Ports — Two free USB ports are required for the EcuTek Vehicle Interface and the Licence Key.