Any EcuTek Tuner or Master Tuner may appoint a Sub-Dealer, and to do so they must provide the new appointee with a ProECU Programming Kit that has had a software upgrade to convert it from the standard retail specification to Sub-Dealer specification.
The appointing 'parent' Tuner must purchase a Sub-Dealer Software Upgrade in the EcuTek Web Store and sell the upgraded kit to the new Sub-Dealer.
It is very important that ProECU Sub-Dealer Kits are upgraded because if the Sub-Dealer is accidentally (or even deliberately) set up with a ProECU Programming Kit, they are effectively a Retail Customer. The implications of this are that…
- The Sub-Dealer does not get an automatic dealer entry on the EcuTek website.
- The Sub-Dealer can purchase flash licences from any EcuTek Master Tuner.
- The Sub-Dealer can switch parent EcuTek Master Tuners if they choose. Keyed ROMs that were supplied by the parent EcuTek Tuner can then be re-used by the Sub-Dealer.
- The list of supported vehicles is greater for Sub-Dealer software than for ProECU retail software; if the kit is not upgraded these additional cars are not supported.
If a retail customer tunes vehicles for profit using a retail cable, they will be in violation of the licence agreement for non-commercial use of the ProECU Programming Kit.
In such circumstances EcuTek reserves the right to revoke their licence to use the software, and block the purchase of further licences for that kit. This is to stop retail customers setting themselves up as an unofficial and unvetted commercial tuner.
For a Sub-Dealer to appear on the EcuTek Dealer Listing, flash licences must be purchased for them. Once this is done, the sub-dealer's details are automatically published
The process is quite straightforward…
- The Tuner is asked to complete an online questionnaire concerning the Sub-Dealer they wish to appoint, allowing us to correctly list that Sub-Dealer on the EcuTek website and associate them with you, their 'parent' Tuner.
- The Tuner then logs into the Web Store and orders two items: a ProECU Programming Kit for Tuners, and a Sub-Dealer Upgrade.
- When the Sub-Dealer Application Form and Web Store order are received, we process your order and usually ship the goods within 24 hours.
- Once you have the kit you purchase whatever initial Flash Licences you need, and send the configured kit to your Sub-Dealer