These direct-replacement, high-flow 1050cc Motorsport Injectors are suitable for power outputs up to 1000bhp.
It is necessary to recalibrate the ECU with the correct settings of Injector Flow Scaling, Injector Lag Time Offset and Injector Minimum Open Time of 1050cc using the 1D maps in EcuTek software before starting the engine with the high-flow injectors installed.
- Six high-flow fuel injectors
- Six wiring harness adaptors
Original injectors: removal
- Disconnect the battery negative terminal
- Remove the cosmetic engine cover, as seen here:
- Loosen the worm-drive clips for the boost pipes on the throttle bodies and remove the rubber hoses and clips complete.
- Detach the electrical connectors from the throttle actuators.
- Disconnect the MAP sensor connector.
- Remove all the vacuum hoses pictured, as in the following images…
- Loosen the cable tie mounts and clip to free the rear engine wiring harness, as shown in the next three images…
- Remove bolts 1 and 2, as pictured…
- Remove the eight bolts from the upper inlet manifold/plenum
- Carefully lift the plenum away while inverting it and leaving it to rest on the front panel
- Remove the five bolts holding the fuel rail to the lower inlet manifold…
- Remove the wiring connectors from the injectors and free the wiring harness.
- Lift the fuel rail away from the manifold; the injectors should stay in the fuel rail.
- Remove the retaining clips from the injectors making note of the orientation of each injector.
- Carefully remove the injectors from the fuel rail, watch out for any residual fuel pressure in the rail and ensure that none of the O-rings stay stuck in the fuel rail.
- Fit the new EcuTek injectors ensuring you lubricate the O-rings upon assembly.
- Fit the new EcuTek injector wiring adaptors and cable-tie the injector loom where necessary to ensure nothing chafes.
- Reassembly is the reverse of the removal procedure from this point, but note that you will have to change the injector scaling in FlashCAN software as described in the next section.
It is imperative that you check all joints and connections in the fuel injection system for leaks before first starting the engine.
Change the injector scaling
After the physical installation of the new fuel injectors has been achieved, you will need to modify three settings in the injector maps of the ROM file:
Maps by Function ⟶ Fuelling ⟶ Injectors ⟶ Injector Flow Scaling (RaceROM)
Original value: 570
New value: 975
Maps by Function ⟶ Fuelling ⟶ Injectors ⟶ Injector Lag Time Offset
Original value: 0.890
New value: 1.0
Maps by Function ⟶ Fuelling ⟶ Injector Minimum Open Time
Original value: 1.83
New value: 1.0
First check the box next to the setting, then on the pop-up window click Edit -> Fill Selection with Value, enter the new value and click OK to proceed. Repeat the procedure for the each of the settings above.
The following screenshot shows the maps after all changes have been made.