EcuTek operates a support desk to assist with any issues that may arise while using our software. We have a Zendesk ticketing system and a phone line for very urgent assistance needs. This service operates Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 5:30pm (GMT or BST), during these hours we will attempt to reply to any queries regarding the software in the shortest time possible.
Please understand that should you call in a panic with an issue we may not have the answer immediately so please do not call expecting an instant diagnosis over the phone.
To make it easier for the support desk operators and to speed up our response time some "best practices" should always be followed.
- Always email firstname.lastname@example.org, if its urgent, send the email (with all of the data detailed below) and then call in, that way we can go through the issue with you with all the information we need to hand.
- Always state the vehicle make and model, ideally in the title of the email, the CAL ID of the ECU will also help.
- Attach the ROM that you are trying to trouble shoot. This makes it much easier to review the ROM and make suggestions to solve the issue or find bugs.
- Attach a log of the issue, if the vehicle is stalling or miss-firing its always useful to be able to see what the engine parameters are when the issue occurs, it can speed up diagnosis immensely.
- Screenshot any error messages you get and attach them to the email. The wording etc. of an error message can be very important, if you're receiving an error message press the print screen button and attach it to the email.
- Title the email appropriately, for example , "help required" is not very enlightening but if you title the email "help required with VR30TT stalling" it gives the support desk operators some idea of the problem, they can also cross reference with other support tickets more easily.
- If the issue is hardware related send us any ID's, reg codes and firmware versions that you can find, they are often useful to reference against known good systems.
- Try to keep the email topic as a single issue, you can email us more than once!, sending a support email in for a Nissan GT-R idle problem but also mentioning you lost a licence on a Subaru BRZ just adds confusion and slows response time.
If you have never logged in to our Zendesk web portal before then you can request a password by using the email address that we communicate with you through and clicking on the "Have you emailed us? Get a password" link at the bottom of ecutek.zendesk.com. This will send you a link that you can follow to create a password.
Once you’ve established that, then you can log in and view your open tickets, or your entire ticket history. The tickets that have been rated can be found in the "My requests” section of My Activities.