So you've heard of ECU Connects new Phone flash capabilities and want to use the new vehicle programming features. As a car owner there are a couple of steps that you will need to make sure you have to complete before you get started.
What you need to start
To program your car with ECU Connect you will need to have the following
- An EVI-BT (if you don't have one look for a master tuner here)
- A Mobile device with ECU Connect installed (latest version)
- Have Talked to your tuner about getting a tune using phone flash and the EcuTek Cloud.
for more details on the steps to set the app up and get started on programming please see the getting started guide here.
Licencing your car
Like our existing products your car will need to be licenced when its first programmed. Phone flash licences the car using its VIN. If your car hasn't been tuned with EcuTek before (unlicensed) it will require the tuner to licence your car with their flash points from their account. This step is performed automatically hen the upload tune files for you but it is a once of cost per ECU. There is also a small phone flash licence (50 flash points per VIN)
If a vehicle is already licenced using the ProECU, phone flash does not charge to re licence the ECU and only the phone flash licence is required. For example,
- Subaru BRZ, never tuned with EcuTek before: 225 + 50 = 275 FP
- Subaru BRZ, previously tuned with only ProECU: 50 FP
- Subaru BRZ, previously tuned with Phone Flash (and ECU Connect): Free
If your car doesn't have a VIN you cannot use the phone flash system, the existing ProECU solution will still work.
The steps to a complete tune
- Place Your order and get your EVI-BT
- Download ECU Connect
- Set up your account
- Send vehicle and modification details to you tuner
- Get the ROM files
- Program them into your car
- Give your feedback with log files and continue tuning
- Complete the tune
- Post your performance results
As you can see in the chart below, the first step is to contact your tuner if you don't have a master tuner yet try looking here. after that you create your account and send your cars details to the tuner, from there you can o through the tuning revisions or updates until you and your tuner are happy.
When in the main menu select “Program ECU” then “Send Vehicle Info to Tuner”
Hopefully this information helps to get you programming your car with phone flash. If you have any further question please send these in to firstname.lastname@example.org.